LDRA has partnered with PTC to offer an integrated product lifecycle management and software testing solution for the embedded real-time, safety- and security-critical markets.
PTC Windchill software is designed to help innovative industries to advance the development, governance and maintenance of software by providing a unified solution for requirements, quality, and application lifecycle management. The integration with the LDRA tool suite with its concept of traceable, bidirectionally linked work items seamlessly extends Windchill’s enterprise capabilities to embedded software analysis and testing.
The combined solution enables users to trace from requirements to source code analyses and tests, and vice versa. It leverages the LDRA tool suite to perform static analysis in the target or the host development environment, and dynamic analysis under simulation or on the target. Analysis outcomes are reflected in the Windchill user interface, providing insight into the progress of development, and the code quality, complexity, and stability of the evolving system. Evidential artefacts can be generated at any time by either solution.
Founded in 1985, PTC Inc. develops technology that helps industrial companies to create value for themselves, their customers, and the world. Windchill is the industry-leading PLM software from PTC. Its open architecture enables easy integration with other enterprise systems, and its comprehensive out-of-the-box functionality and highly-configurable role and task-based apps makes it easy to provide access to valuable product data to stakeholders who don’t typically use PLM software.
TBmanager, the task-based interface component of the LDRA tool suite, provides a complete team-wide management workflow solution.
Leverage the integration by connecting to the Windchill web service, selecting any desired Windchill project, and exporting the multi-level requirements within the document files into TBmanager. Test cases and traceability links are retained, data is synchronized, and the most current records are always available to all teams in the project.
- provides a product lifecycle management (PLM) framework for the software validation and verification of real-time embedded systems
- identifies code flaws using the LDRA tool suite, and logs, prioritizes, assigns, and tracks them in Windchill
- delivers end-to-end bidirectional traceability from requirements, design, code, and tests artefacts
- rapidly performs automated static analysis, dynamic analysis, unit testing, structural coverage, test case creation, and on-target hardware execution
- greatly increases the efficiency of software testing and reduces cost through automation and tool collaboration
- seamlessly performs post execution analysis and reviews with unique perspectives from both the LDRA tool suite and Windchill
- supports qualification and certification in accordance with functional safety standards including DO-178B/C, ISO 26262, IEC 61508, and IEC 62304
- imports Windchill PLM requirements and test cases into the LDRA tool suite, complete with comprehensive traceability links
- exports LDRA tool suite test cases, verification status, and execution test results to Windchill
- integrates MISRA, CERT and other coding standards into development environments that require evidential artefacts relating to safety or security standards
- automates test case, harness and stub generation for robustness testing
- exposes high-risk areas and defects by way of automated code analysis and report generation
- is supported by Windchill’s change and configuration management
- creates traceability links using drag-and-drop
- provides Object Code Verification (OCV) for the most demanding safety-critical applications
- is underpinned by LDRA’s ISO 9001:2015 certified Quality Management System, and the LDRA tool suite’s TÜV SÜD and SGS-TÜV Saar certification