The integration of the LDRA tool suite with Rhapsody allows Rhapsody users to seamlessly perform Code, Design and Quality Reviews, as well as automated Unit Testing on their model generated source code. Rhapsody users can benefit from early error detection and determination of standards compliance (eg: MISRA C++:2008, DO-178C, IEC 61508) through the adoption of these Static and Dynamic Analysis technologies. The solution is available for use with both the OXF and SXF frameworks.
The integration of the LDRA tool suite with IBM Rational Rhapsody allows Rhapsody users to seamlessly perform Code, Design and Quality Reviews in a way that is natural for Rhapsody users. They can also perform automated Unit Testing on the generated source code on the host or target.
Back to back testing can be performed using the Rhapsody Test Conductor. Tests created by Test Conductor can be first executed on the host or target to ensure 100% model coverage and then the same test cases can be run on the host or target, while at the same time code coverage and dynamic data flow coverage can be measured using the LDRA tool suite. Rhapsody users can benefit from early error detection and determination of standards compliance (eg: MISRA C++:2008, DO-178C, IEC 61508) through the adoption of these Static and Dynamic Analysis technologies. The solution is available for use with both the OXF and SXF frameworks.
A new Java based plug-in allows Rhapsody users to easily and efficiently use the power of the LDRA tool suite to ensure that the generated code is compliant to any standard, is of high quality, has no dead code and that each class is unit tested. The plug-in is currently available for both the Windows and Linux platforms.
- New Java based plug-in runs in the Rhapsody process thus providing an increased performance
- Allows a Rhapsody developer to select the class that they are working on and then quickly perform a code review, or display a call graph
- View numerous metrics such as code complexity or flowgraphs for each function in that class
- Ability to unit test a single class, in this case the plug-in reads the Rhapsody model and is able to intelligently configure the test harness, automatically creating any necessary stubs allowing the user to very quickly and easily be in a position to start testing their code
- Perform code review, quality review and dynamic analysis on the whole model, as well as being able to regress any unit tests
- If principally interested in obtaining code coverage, then TBextreme can be used to automatically create test cases
Allows the Rhapsody developer to use the LDRA tool suite in a way that is natural for a Rhapsody user.
- Intelligently obtains information from the model allowing the developer to efficiently and rapidly obtain the information that they need.
- When unit testing, the plug-in again intelligently obtains information from the model and automates the potentially complex configuration of the test harness allowing the user to concentrate on testing their code.
Developers can easily and efficiently access the LDRA tool suite from within the Rhapsody platform to ensure that their generated code complies with industry standards, follows best-practice programming guidelines and is fully tested. The LDRA tool suite intelligently obtains information from the model and automates the development and configuration of the potentially complex test harness. Freed from this labour-intensive and typically error-prone process, the developer can concentrate on the analysis and testing of the application.
For further information on the integration and availability please email firstname.lastname@example.org.