Compliance with MISRA coding standards helps to:
- improve portability through the avoidance of compiler- or platform-specific constructs
- avoid unexpected application behaviour
- identify unreachable or infeasible code which often suggests a defect and a potential security vulnerability
- reduce unsafe and insecure coding practices by prohibiting certain language constructs
- measurably reduce program complexity
- improve program testability
- ease compliance with functional safety and security standards
- The LDRA tool suite automates source code checking for conformance to any version of the MISRA language subsets.
- The TBmisra module automates source code checking against MISRA guidelines during unit test, system test, and integration test to ensure compliance throughout the software development life cycle.
- LDRArules is a cost-effective, stand-alone rules checker independent from the LDRA tool suite that is focused on increasing software quality and security through coding standards compliance, including MISRA.
- LDRArules for the Microchip MPLABX IDE.
The which tools are right for me? wizard will help to identify the most appropriate option.
Static analysis can be initiated to ensure MISRA compliance as code is developed, and automatically applied during unit, system, or integration test to ensure that compliance achieved at the outset is not compromised throughout the software development life cycle. All versions of the MISRA rules are completely integrated into the LDRA tool suite for efficient MISRA checking within a familiar development environment.
The LDRA tool suite locates and highlights areas of non-conformant code to aid documentation and modification. Extensive reports and graphical displays enhance understanding of the source code, facilitating improvements in testability, understandability, and maintainability in line with MISRA rules. The LDRA tool suite also facilitates structural coverage analysis to ensure that software “testedness” is measured and maintained, as recommended by the MISRA guidelines.
A complete compliance matrix is available for every coding standard supported by LDRA tools detailing which rules are implemented. It is easy to compare tool compliance to multiple versions of the standard, and to assess compliance with multiple standards.
LDRA has demonstrated long-standing leadership in the development and support of safety- and security-critical industry standards. LDRA representatives sit on both the MISRA C and MISRA C++ working groups, and they include the chairman of each group.
LDRA MISRA C training courses
The pool of expertise that has developed LDRA’s tools for over 40 years and helps guide MISRA and other standards committees around the globe is now accessible to delegates from across the critical embedded application sectors.
With training courses in MISRA C up to and including MISRA C:2012 Amendment 2, LDRA’s tutors can help forge a path to safe, secure, compliant application code