LDRA tool suite supports integration with National Instruments LabVIEW, TestStand, and VeriStand for complete hardware / software-in-the-loop testing. Additionally the integration supports test component reuse across the full development lifecycle.
National Instruments combination of software and hardware allows an extensive range of capabilities for testing target hardware, including signal generation, signal measurement, control actuation, and real time measurements.
LDRA leverages these capabilities by adding all of the software analyses facilities required to achieve DO-178B certification, (up to and including Level A), and other functional safety standards. These include coding standards enforcement, structural coverage analysis (Modified Condition / Decision Coverage [MC/DC] and object code coverage), unit testing, data coupling, control coupling and requirement traceability to the software under test on the target hardware.
The National Instruments test platform is ideal for performing system-level testing while the LDRA tool suite is designed for embedded code verification. Through the complimentary use of both toolsets test component reuse can be achieved throughout the full development cycle.
- Reuse of test components such as data logging and stimulus profiles throughout development reduces risk and saves both time and costs
- Requirements traceability across all stages of system-level testing decreases cost of meeting safety-critical standards
- Increases quality and reduces time to market by ensuring all code has been tested (both model-generated and hand code)
- Verifies and documents adherence to required programming standards and quality metrics
- Support for requirements-based testing and test component reuse in all phases of development, i.e…
- Model-in-the-loop (MIL) testing for a fully simulated system
- Rapid control prototyping when fine-tuning the control algorithm
- Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulation
- Physical testing in a real-world environment
Since 1976, National Instruments has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation, and discovery. NI’s graphical system design approach provides an integrated software and hardware platform that simplifies development of any system that needs measurement and control. Engineers and scientists use this platform from design to production in multiple industries, advanced research, and academia. The company’s long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology has led to strong, consistent company growth and success of its customers, employees, suppliers, and shareholders.
The LDRA tool suite integrates with NI TestStand and NI VeriStand to provide seamless complete systems testing. This integration eliminates many of the manual steps needed to prove system functionality, complete code coverage, and generate documentation. From within the National Instruments tools environments, developers can now fully test their applications with real-world data, saving 25-40 percent of project development time.
For further information on NI and availability, please email email@example.com.