Interest in developing commercial software tools and supporting embedded software solutions;
- Recent/Newly Qualified BS or greater in Computer Science/related discipline;
- Knowledge of high level programming languages (C/C++, Java and Ada considered an advantage), Windows, UNIX and Linux, IDE’s/Processors;
High level programming and related technical skills, ingenuity and creativity, logical approach to problem-solving, analytical capabilities, ability to work under pressure, attention to detail, tenacity and patience, communication skills – including the ability to convey information to non-technical colleagues in a concise and understandable way, an understanding of business processes and constraints, independent and motivated individual required for –
- Scripting and automating tasks using batch, bash, python etc.;
- Translating software requirements into workable programming code and maintain and develop programs for use in business;
- Writing specifications and designing, building, testing, implementing and sometimes supporting applications using programming languages and development tools;
Working on generic products or for individual clients providing bespoke solutions –
- establishing a detailed program specification through discussion with clients;
- clarifying what actions the program is intended to perform;
- breaking down program specification into its simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language;
- devising possible solutions to anticipated problems;
- working as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project, to write a specific section of the program;
- combining all elements of the program design and testing it;
- testing sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended;
- conducting testing and installing the program into production;
- reacting to problems and correcting the program as necessary;
- evaluating and increasing the program’s effectiveness;
- adapting the program to new requirements, as necessary;
- conducting user acceptance testing to ensure the program can be used easily, quickly and accurately;
- writing detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators;
- consulting manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge;
- updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing software and generic applications.
The successful candidate will receive in-house and on-site training, as needed. The candidate must also hold a UK Passport (only) and full UK driving licence.
You will be required to provide driving licence, UK Passport and National Insurance Number before any offer of employment can be made.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Personnel Security form.
Individuals interested in applying must be eligible to work at the specified location.
For more information about any of these roles, please contact Human Resources at LDRA, or to apply, please send your details to email@example.com