The Field Application Engineer is a key customer-facing role with significant influence in generating new business and ensuring the growth of existing accounts.
You will learn to solve complex problems and develop experience and skills essential within a wide range of industries.
Experience and Skills:
- Interest in supporting commercial software tools and embedded software solutions;
- Minimum 30% travel required within territory;
- Graduate/Newly Qualified BS or greater in Computer Science or Engineering discipline;
- Knowledge of high level programming languages (C/C++, Java and Ada considered an advantage), Windows, UNIX and Linux, IDE’s/Processors is an advantage;
- Knowledge of the design/manufacture of embedded software solutions or with embedded standards (i.e. IEC 61508, IEC 62304, ISO 26262, DO-178C) is an advantage;
- Programming and related technical skills, ingenuity and creativity, logical approach to problem-solving, analytical capabilities, ability to work under pressure, attention to detail, tenacity and patience, communication skills – including the ability to convey information to non-technical colleagues in a concise and understandable way, an understanding of business processes and constraints, independent and motivated individual required for (full training will be given) –
- Opportunity expert and evaluation support – to develop a complete understanding of all the technical aspects of a sales opportunity; support trial evaluations for prospective customers; and assist in the successful deployment at the customer site;
- Technical lead for new opportunities – to develop and deliver technical presentations and product demonstrations; respond to requests for proposals and requests for Information from prospective customers; present to interested engineers and engineering management at prospective customers; communicate with customers, prospects, partners, and the company to aid in the development of new products and features that meet customer needs more effectively;
- Technical account manager – to provide consistent, proactive, technical leadership and expertise to ensure the success of the initial implementation and integration at a new customer; help grow each account to enterprise-wide adoption;
- Training and applications consulting – to deliver training courses to customers and support new and existing customers by providing mentoring or technical applications consulting.
The successful candidate will receive in-house and on-site training, as needed. The candidate must also hold a UK Passport (only) and full UK driving licence.
You will be required to provide driving licence, UK Passport and National Insurance Number before any offer of employment can be made.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Personnel Security form.
Individuals interested in applying must be eligible to work at the specified location.
For more information about any of these roles, please contact Human Resources at LDRA, or to apply, please send your details to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE