An established technology company seeks a Field Application Engineer (FAE) with several years’ experience of embedded software application development and in-depth knowledge of embedded tool chains.
You will have previous experience in a relevant, similar position, or a strong technical background, but are now seeking to move into a customer facing role. This position offers a challenging environment with a rewarding remuneration package.
Acting as a first line technical contact and consultant for customers worldwide, you will have excellent communication skills together with an ability to work well under pressure.
You will work with local Sales Managers to support customers in both a pre-sales and post-sales role, principally in the UK, but also worldwide as part of an integrated support team. You will be instrumental in driving forward and managing technical support elements of the sale process, including providing explanation and demonstration, as required, to promote our products and services. As well as an interest for all things technical, you will have the skills and initiative to engage with customers to bring them on board.
Key Skills & Experience
- A degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Several years’ experience of embedded software development (C/C++)
- Strong presentation and demonstration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently in a field based role with flexibility to travel
- Microsoft Windows
- Preferred but not essential
- Software test tools such as LDRA
- IDEs such as Wind River, Green Hills, Keil, IAR, Texas Instruments, Microchip…
- Requirements management tools such as DOORS, Polarion, …
- Modelling tools such as Simulink, Rhapsody, SCADE, …
- Functional safety and security standards such as IEC 61508, DO-178C, ISO26262, EN50128, …
- Coding standards such as MISRA, CERT, …
- Programming languages including Java, Ada and Assemblers
- Scripting languages such as Python, Perl, …
- Language skills such as French and German
The successful candidate will receive in-house and on-site training, as needed. The candidate must also hold a UK Passport (only), full UK driving licence and be prepared to work away from home on occasions.
You will be required to provide driving licence, UK Passport and National Insurance Number before any offer of employment can be made.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Personnel Security form.
Individuals interested in applying for this role must be eligible to work at the specified location.
For more information about any of these roles, please contact Human Resources at LDRA, or to apply, please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org