Field Application Engineer/Technical Consultant – Bengaluru and Chennai
Experience and Skills:
- A software engineering/related graduate;
- Several years’ relevant work experience and successful track record in a commercial software, or development tools environment;
- Hands-on experience in software development with C and C++;
- Experience with Ada83/95 or Assemblers would be considered an asset;
- Strong knowledge of both UNIX and Windows platforms;
- A full driving license and a willingness to travel regularly at home and abroad;
- Independence, sound judgement and good business sense, team working ability, analytical and problem-solving skills and resilience and tenacity required for:
- Opportunity expert and evaluation support – to develop a complete understanding of all the technical aspects of a sales opportunity; support trial evaluations for prospective customers; and assist in the successful deployment at the customer site.
- Technical lead for new opportunities – to develop and deliver technical presentations and product demonstrations; respond to requests for proposals and requests for Information from prospective customers; present to interested engineers and engineering management at prospective customers; communicate with customers, prospects, partners, and the company to aid in the development of new products and features that meet customer needs more effectively.
- Technical account manager – to provide consistent, proactive, technical leadership and expertise to ensure the success of the initial implementation and integration at a new customer; help grow each account to enterprise-wide adoption.
- Training and applications consulting – to deliver training courses to customers and support new and existing customers by providing mentoring or technical applications consulting.
In addition, experience with at least 50% of the following:
- Software testing tools (LDRA, Rational TestRT, VectorCast, Parasoft, Mercury Test Director, etc)
- UML/SysML Modeling Tools (Artisan, Rhapsody, Rational Rose, etc)
- Requirements Management Tools (DOORS, Rational ReqPro, Reqtify, etc)
- Configuration Management Tools (ClearCase, MKS, SourceSafe, etc)
- Project Management Tools
- Avionics development and DO-178B
- Real-time Operating Systems (Green Hills Integrity, WindRiver VxWorks, etc)
- Other programming languages and scripting (Java, C#, Perl, Python, etc)
For more information about any of these roles, please contact Human Resources at LDRA, or to apply, please send your details to email@example.com