Benefits of compliance to programming standards such as MISRA:
- Promote portability and avoid unexpected results
- Ensure there is no reliance placed on compiler- or platform-specific constructs
- Identify unreachable or infeasible code which often indicates a defect that will, at the very least, impact software maintainability
- Prohibit certain language constructs known to be a source of common errors or security vulnerabilities
- Measurably reduce program complexity
- Improve program testability, easing standard compliance and certifiability
See Which Tools Are Right For Me? for help choosing your customised tool suite.
- The LDRA tool suite automates source code checking for conformance to any version of the MISRA rules (MISRA C:2012 AMD-1, MISRA C:2012, MISRA C++:2008, MISRA C:2004, MISRA C:1998, and MISRA AC)
- The TBmisra module automates source code checking against MISRA guidelines during unit test, system test, and integration test to ensure compliance throughout the software development life cycle
- LDRArules is a cost-effective, stand-alone rules checker independent from the LDRA tool suite that is focused on increasing software quality and security through coding standards compliance, including MISRA
- LDRArules for the Microchip MPLABX IDE.
These checks occur during unit, system, or integration test to ensure compliance throughout the software development life cycle. All versions of the MISRA rules (MISRA C:2012 AMD-1, MISRA C:2012, MISRA C++:2008, MISRA C:2004, MISRA C:1998, and MISRA AC) are completely integrated into the LDRA tool suite for efficient MISRA checking within a familiar development environment.
The LDRA tool suite locates and highlights areas of non-conformant code to aid documentation and modification. Extensive reports and graphical displays enhance understanding of the source code, facilitating improvements in testability, understandability, and maintainability in line with MISRA rules. The LDRA tool suite also facilitates structural coverage analysis to ensure that software “testedness” is measured and maintained, as recommended by the MISRA guidelines.
For every coding standard we support, we offer a complete compliance matrix so you can see exactly which rules are implemented within our tools. You can easily compare tool compliance to multiple versions of the standard, and you can assess compliance with multiple standards.
LDRA has demonstrated long-standing leadership in the development and support of safety- and security-critical industry standards. LDRA representatives comprise five of the 11 positions on the MISRA C committee, and the company provides the most comprehensive support for MISRA rules through the LDRA tool suite, LDRArules, and LDRAlite for ARM DS-5 software products.