Benefits of compliance to programming standards such as AUTOSAR C++:
- Promote portability and avoid unexpected results
- Ensure there is no reliance placed on compiler- or platform-specific constructs
- Identify unreachable or infeasible code which often indicates a defect that will, at the very least, impact software maintainability
- Prohibit certain language constructs known to be a source of common errors or security vulnerabilities
- Measurably reduce program complexity
- Improve program testability, easing standard compliance and certifiability
See Which Tools Are Right For Me? for help choosing your customized tool suite.
- The LDRA tool suite automates source code checking for conformance to the AUTOSAR C++ rules
These checks occur during unit, system, or integration testing to ensure compliance throughout the software development life cycle. The AUTOSAR guidelines, including those shared with the MISRA C++:2008 programming standard, are completely integrated into the LDRA tool suite for efficient standards checking within a familiar development environment.
The LDRA tool suite locates and highlights areas of non-conformant code to aid documentation and modification. Extensive reports and graphical displays enhance understanding of the source code, facilitating improvements in testability, understandability, and maintainability in line with AUTOSAR rules. The LDRA tool suite also facilitates structural coverage analysis to ensure that software “testedness” is measured and maintained, as recommended by the MISRA C++:2008 guidelines.